Since version 3.6.0 it is possible to trigger the installation of a local update from an intent.
To do this the action “com.handheld.updater.action.INSTALL_LOCAL_UPDATE” has to be called with a string extra called “file”.
This needs to point to the ZIP file within the Android OS file system.
See the command below for a full example
am broadcast -a com.handheld.updater.action.INSTALL_LOCAL_UPDATE --es file "/sdcard/ota.zip"
Depending on the device and Android version, you might also have the provide the package name of the OTA app for the system to accept the intent (with -p). See the list below for the package name of each device.
Starting with version 4.0 there is also a broadcast to trigger an update check with the action “com.handheldgroup.systemupdate.CHECK_FOR_UPDATE”:
am broadcast -a com.handheldgroup.systemupdate.CHECK_FOR_UPDATE
The install command also has a new action “com.handheldgroup.systemupdate.INSTALL_LOCAL_UPDATE” but the previous one will also still work.
Package name of the OTA app on each device:
- Algiz RT7: com.handheld.algiz.rt7
- Algiz RT8: com.handheldgroup.ota.falcon
- Nautiz X2 (Android 6 or 7): com.handheld.nautiz.nx2
- Nautiz X2 (Android 9): com.handheldgroup.ota.alta
- Nautiz X41: com.handheldgroup.ota.albatross
- Nautiz X6: com.handheldgroup.ota.eagle
- Nautiz X9: com.handheld.nautiz.nx9